Companies Supporting Women in Tech
Discover what some of the most successful companies on Earth have done to value diversity and inclusion while still achieving success.
Connect with Talent
Connect with top candidates from diverse backgrounds at our events and share your mission and current opportunities.
Featured Women in Tech Connect Events
The Women in Tech Global Connect Events unite communities from across the globe through in-person events.
Host a Women in Tech Event
Watch Women in Tech Videos
Explore More Videos
Unite 1 000 000 Women in Technology
A Global Network for Women in Tech Powered by
As a Founding Member of WomenTech Network, Coding Girls is focusing on global impact through empowerment, education and engagement.
As a Founding Member of WomenTech Network, Tech Family Ventures is focusing on global impact through advocating gender diversity in venture capital.
As a Global Partner of WomenTech Network, Founder Institute is focusing on global impact by providing Female Founder Fellowships.
Women in Tech Events
By attending our comprehensive women in tech events, you have the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals, exchange ideas, learn from each other's experiences, and discover new opportunities at organizations that prioritize diversity and inclusion. These events go beyond networking, offering panel discussions, workshops, and keynote speakers who share insights, best practices, and the latest trends in technology to help you stay ahead in your career. They cater to various skill levels, from entry-level professionals to experienced leaders, ensuring that everyone has a chance to grow and contribute to the community.
Our events cover the broadest possible range of roles within the tech industry, so whether you're a programmer, a hardware specialist, an entrepreneur, an educator, or any other tech professional, you're sure to find value and a supportive network at our gatherings. Additionally, our events often tackle topics related to work-life balance, mental well-being, and personal development to ensure that you thrive both personally and professionally.
At Women in Tech events, you can also learn about mentorship opportunities, scholarship programs, and collaborative projects that can further enhance your career and skill set. You'll have the chance to engage with prominent female leaders in the tech industry who can offer guidance and share their stories of success, challenges, and growth.
By participating in these events, you become part of a movement that aims to increase the representation of women in technology, break down barriers, and promote an inclusive and innovative environment. As a bonus, many of these events also offer exciting opportunities to showcase your skills, such as hackathons and pitch competitions. Don't miss out on this opportunity to enhance your career, make lasting connections, and contribute to the advancement of women in technology.
Explore all Women in Tech Events and find the perfect fit for your interests and career stage, and join us in making a difference in the tech industry for women worldwide.
See all Women in Tech Events
Women in Tech Roles
The WomenTech Network is designed to support women across various roles within the technology industry, with the goal of fostering a nurturing community, promoting professional growth, and inspiring more women to enter the tech sector. The network accommodates a broad array of roles, including but not limited to:
- Software engineers and developers
- Product managers
- User experience (UX) designers
- Digital marketing experts
- Data scientists and analysts
- IT consultants and specialists
- Cybersecurity professionals
- Project managers
- Quality assurance specialists
- Technical writers
- Researchers in the tech domain
- Business analysts
- Executives and leaders in tech organizations
- Entrepreneurs and founders of tech startups
- System administrators
- Network engineers
- Mobile app developers
- DevOps engineers
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning specialists
- Augmented reality and virtual reality developers
- IT support specialists
- Web designers and developers
- Educational technologists
- E-commerce specialists
By addressing the diverse range of roles within the tech industry, WomenTech Network strives to cultivate a more inclusive and innovative environment for women, offering them opportunities to connect, learn, and collaborate with other like-minded professionals.
Women in Tech - The Growing Global Movement
The global movement of women in tech is growing rapidly, transforming the landscape of the technology industry. Women are becoming increasingly involved in various aspects of the tech world, from programming to leading companies. The WomenTech Network is one of the driving forces behind this surge, inspiring and empowering women to make a significant impact in the tech industry.
Despite the tech industry being predominantly male-dominated, women are steadily making their presence felt. According to the World Economic Forum, women make up only 28% of the total workforce in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. This growing movement is not just limited to the United States or Europe but is making waves worldwide.
In regions like Africa, Asia, and Latin America, women are launching companies, developing apps, and making a difference in their communities. For example, in Africa, women now represent 28% of the tech workforce, a significant increase from previous years. Similarly, in India, the percentage of women in the IT sector has risen to 34%, up from 21% in 2015.
It is essential to continue supporting this movement and fostering an inclusive environment to ensure the ongoing growth and success of women in tech. Explore additional resources and women in tech statistics and gain a deeper understanding of the progress and challenges in this area.
One of the most important things to note about this trend is that it is not just happening in the United States or Europe. Women in tech are making a global impact. In Africa, Asia, and Latin America, women are starting companies, coding apps, and making a difference in their communities. This is an important movement to watch and support because it is changing the landscape of the tech industry.
Women in Tech - Reasons for the Trend
So, why are women becoming more involved in the tech industry? There are many reasons for this trend. First of all, Women in Tech are becoming more visible. In the past, women in tech were often hidden behind the scenes, but now they are coming to the forefront and being recognized for their talents, for example at the Women in Tech Awards or the Women in Tech Conference. Also in part, with the rise of social media, women have a platform to share their stories and connect with other like-minded individuals.
Secondly, the tech industry is becoming more accessible to women. In the past, it was difficult for women to break into the tech industry. But now, there are more resources available to help women succeed in tech. There are more women in tech events, women in tech conferences, women-led startups and accelerators, and there are more career mentoring programs to support women in tech.
Lastly, the demand for women in tech is increasing. We live in a world that is increasingly reliant on technology, and companies are starting to realize that they need diversity in their workforce to be successful. Women bring a unique perspective to the table, and they are in high demand.
Women in Tech - Making a Difference
Women in tech are not only changing the face of technology, they are also making a difference in the world. Women in tech are using their skills to solve problems and make a positive impact on the world. Here are just a few examples:
- Women in the United States are leading the way in the field of robotics. One example is Dr. Ayanna Howard, who is the founder and Chief Technology Officer of Zyrobotics. She is the first woman to hold the role Dean of Engineering at The Ohio State University College of Engineering.
- Women in China are using technology to improve healthcare for rural women and children. For example, the founder of a Maternal Health Care Information System provides healthcare information to rural mothers in China.
- Women in India are using technology to fight gender discrimination. For example, Arushi Mittal the Co-founder of People for Parity, which uses technology to help women file complaints about gender discrimination.
These are just a few examples of the ways that women in tech are making a difference. Women all over the world are using their skills to make a positive impact, and this is only the beginning. In the next section, we will look at some inspiring examples of women who have made a difference in the tech world.
Women in Tech - Inspiring Examples in Recent Years
Numerous inspiring examples of women have made a significant impact in the tech world in recent years. Let's take a look at a few trailblazers who have left their mark:
- Marissa Mayer: As the CEO of Yahoo! from 2012 to 2017, Marissa Mayer stands as one of the most successful women in tech in recent years. Her accomplishments have inspired women globally, demonstrating that women can achieve great heights in the technology industry.
- Sheryl Sandberg: Serving as the COO of Facebook until recently, Sheryl Sandberg has been a powerful figure in tech. A strong advocate for women in tech, she has written a best-selling book addressing the challenges and opportunities for women in the workplace, and her influence continues to resonate.
- Susan Wojcicki: Holding the position of CEO of YouTube until recently, Susan Wojcicki has been one of the most influential women in tech. A passionate supporter of women in tech, she has used her platform to make a difference in the industry.
These remarkable women represent just a fraction of the many trailblazers who have left their mark on the tech world in recent years. There are countless more inspiring women, such as those featured in the "100 Women in Tech to Watch" list, whose future contributions we eagerly anticipate.