About the team
The Resource team builds a platform part related to loading, storage, and processing all media types in Miro. It is a new team - we have decided to move this scope and components to a dedicated team to provide better experience and attention. Our focus is on the performance and stability in the face of constant user growth. The current goals are to review and rebuild the system according to updated requirements.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We’re looking for a Tech Lead who will help to set up the team. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to drive change and experiment in the search of the best solution, understanding how to work with big loads, and be able to scale it. You will be responsible for one of the demanded services in Miro and it’s new heart.
The role requires being in close touch with other teams to design and build the system's next step.
What you'll do
- Will be responsible for transformative changes to our architecture
- Work on performance and scalability the system
- Isolate the components and set up strong API
- Implement new features in collaboration with other teams
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- 5+ years of backend experience. Java ecosystem is preferable, but other languages aren't blockers
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- You are highly motivated to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, Redux, React
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!