Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world’s food systems to become more sustainable. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to reduce food prices, decrease food waste by 30%.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. Of course, it’s not only about working with top-notch tools but keep hiring excellent engineers too.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. Our mobile app is one of the pillars of our business and we continuously work on making it stand out on the market. You will work with your cross-functional squad to develop and launch new features for our restaurant and supplier users. These features will deliver immediate value to their business, make their daily operations easier and will contribute to the reduction of food waste in several countries.
- On a daily level, you work with developers, product managers, designers, web engineers and QA and actively take part in product discussions. We will want to hear your ideas on how to make the app even better.
- From day one you will have a lot of trust, autonomy and responsibility. Most likely your code will be in production during the first week or two.
- You will create an engaging UI together with product designers and user experience researchers.
- You will improve our iOS client, test, deploy and benchmark your own code and participate in code reviews.
- You will grow with your team to become an even greater engineer. We are happy to mentor, share and listen.
Our teach stack that powers our iOS app:
Swift, GraphQL, AppSync, Git, MVP & VIPER, Clean architecture.
What you will need to have an impact
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or have any other proven experience in software development
- You have your fundamentals in place but you know you still need to learn: 2-5 years of hands-on experience developing native iOS apps
- Proficient with Swift 4+ and iOS frameworks
- Care about writing high-quality code and testing it well
To be even more impactful it would be a plus to have
- Experience with modern design patterns such as MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Experience with AWS, GraphQL
- Familiarity with continuous integration and unit testing