Web Project Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be able to successfully scope large projects into development tasks and timelines and be able to build an agile sprint process for larger projects whilst maintaining smaller day to day task management
- Run daily standups and bi-weekly sprint planning sessions to keep the team in a calm ordered fashion whilst keeping up with project deliveries to stakeholders and managing last minute changes as required
- Be part of the strategic team who manages our online properties at SUSE, contribute to the strategic vision and be aware of the strategic goals of the division.
- Be the glue that bridges the goals of the website, with the requests of the stakeholders and with a team of web professionals by developing effective training procedures, appropriate task assignments, positive customer experiences and top-quality control processes.
- Be able to maintain project scopes without allowing for scope creep but also managing stakeholder expectations by pushing back or up as required.
- Communicate expectations to stakeholders as soon as their project is approved and provide updates as needed until the project is complete.
- Be able to identify high risk projects as soon as they come into the queue and escalate when appropriate.
- Maximise our project/task process within Jira and make recommendations for improvements
- Be aware when resources are tight ahead of time and make recommendations for additional support as needed
Web Project Manager Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience managing a busy website teams/projects
- Scrum or Agile methodology experience preferred
- Knowledge about the development and processes of online sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of best practice go-to-market digital marketing strategies
- A passion for online marketing and for website development
- Ability to juggle and efficiently expedite multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organization skills
- A motivation to manage projects in a way that achieves both optimum profitability and complete client satisfaction
ATTITUDE & PERSONALITY
- A positive attitude and energy; must be detail- and customer-oriented, with good multitasking and organizational abilities
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Desire to study and stay current on digital marketing best practices
- Enjoys and appreciates collaboration and teamwork
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be persuasive and to confront issues (and potential issues) with tact
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.