We seek to find an expert when it comes to communications security – with special focus towards e-mail security and SaaS security. SUSE environment is complex, globally distributed and operating both on-premise as well as utilizing cloud infrastructure (AWS) and Microsoft M365/O365 products.
This expert will be driving both day to day operational duties of administering security solutions protecting SUSE communication, as well as participate or lead projects focused on continuous improvement and hardening.
- Assess the effectiveness of cybersecurity measures utilized by system(s).
- Assess threats to and vulnerabilities of computer system(s) to develop a security risk profile.
- Develop and implement cybersecurity designs to meet specific operational needs and environmental factors (e.g., hybrid cloud and on-premise environment, operations at multiple classification levels, and processing Sensitive Compartmented Information).
- Design, implement, test, and evaluate secure interfaces between information systems managed by SUSE and 3rd party SaaS.
- Perform security reviews, identify security gaps in architecture and propose a solution.
- Perform day to day operations & management of email and cloud security solutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Relevant University degree and/or recognized industry certifications are plus, but not required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze, design, implement and operate complex communications security requirements, especially in the e-mail domain.
- Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data and the ability to translate results into evaluative conclusions.
- Ability to apply network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of organization's enterprise information security architecture.
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, Oauth, OpenID, SAML, SPML).
- Knowledge of SPF, DKIM, DMARC and their implementation in hybrid (cloud and on-premise, Linux and Windows) environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft security features (M365, O365, Azure Security Center)
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.