Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent and 10+ years of industry experience. 5+ years of experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS
Additional bonus qualifications:
You have certifications in any of the following: - CPQ Cloud Certified Implementation or equivalent CPQ experiennce
PMP or PMI certification
As an architect for Config, Price and Quote, you will partner with other architects and developers to design the next generation platform services.
- Build cloud native applications in AWS
- Assist in application modernization to microservices
- Champion new technology adoption
- Drive the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tier distributed applications and services for the cloud
- Serve as technical subject matter expert to business
- Build prototypes to validate architecture approaches and assess emerging technology fit to problems at hand
- Assist in development of architecture standards and practices
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability and security
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience working with popular programming languages such as Golang, Python, Java, C#
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Experience building containerized services using ECS, EKS
- Experience building solutions using GraphQL and gRPC
- Expert in developing UI applications using React js
- Experience working with AWS services such as CloudFront, ElastiCache(Redis), ElasticSearch
- Has demonstrated knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expert knowledge of application CI/CD pipelines (github, AWS CodeBuild), infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance and load testing techniques
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements.
- Usually possesses a valid industry certification in an appropriate architectural discipline
- Relates risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects (use of internal knowledge of organization; trusted advisor relationship).
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions.
- Ability to consistently apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful business recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Ability to perform business process analysis/synthesis using modeling or simulation tools and techniques, such as workflows and diagrams to show interrelationships of multiple processes, tracking instances/characteristics of process elements.
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional and global projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at both local and regional level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions (at least 4 per year) to HP knowledge systems that are recognized by the Architect profession to represent best practice.
- Makes formal recommendations to improve the level of job satisfaction for other HP employees working on the project.
- Can significantly contribute in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Leads in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Expert and Specialist level architects within the Architect profession .
- Leads in the definition of HP unit's processes, standards, and policies .
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to Executive level management.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates mostly strategic information and some Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!