Are you a software developer who loves solving complex problems?
Would you enjoy using metrics to shape our employee experience?
Join Our Custom Analytics Team
Our Custom Analytics team engages in a wide variety of custom projects that delve into the vast data sets collected by Akamai's servers to provide unique, global insights into what the data means. This position will allow you to work with Akamai's threat, performance and internet topology data to solve customer directed problems.
Partner with the best
You will be contributing to the development and engineering of a big data analysis platform and you will need to bring practical domain knowledge focused on Web Application, DNS and Security products to bear to develop analytical products on top of large and complex datasets.
As a Software Engineer Senior II, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging with software architects, peers, customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements and find ways Akamai data can be applied to different problem domains
- Working with relevant teams and products to identify, collect and curate datasets needed to craft customer solutions
- Supporting rapid development and prototyping systems to demonstrate the value of data and techniques
- Creating reports that highlight takeaways of research and relevant next steps to internal and external stakeholders
- Working with architects and engineering teams to move proof of concept techniques and capabilities into scalable products.
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Have relevant software development experience in Python with backend applications
- Demonstrate experience with Linux/Unix environment
- Have a strong understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, SSL and HTTP protocols
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of web applications concepts and web application frameworks.
- Be a U.S. citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best can vary for each person.
This is a flexible role and may be performed at your home and/or the local Akamai office (in the country advertised). We are happy to discuss working options in this role and encourage you to speak with your recruiter in more detail when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, were curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you'll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai is committed to complying with COVID-19 requirements in the countries where it operates. For locations or roles subject to vaccination mandates, we require proof of vaccination or an approved exemption, if permitted, as a condition of employment. We will provide additional details regarding our vaccine record submission and exemption request protocols during the hiring and onboarding process.