The AWS CodeDeploy is searching for a seasoned and talented Software Engineering Manager to lead our core platform team. You will be joining a new team focused on delivering foundational components of the new service, e.g. billing, authentication, authorization and the seamless integration of existing AWS services.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team is working on a new SDLC service that delivers an integrated experience that will meet the needs of developers, managers, and executives alike. This new AWS service will enable development teams to organize and deliver software projects faster and more reliably. It lets development teams plan their work and manage issues, review and edit their source code, and standardize release automation for their entire team in a single tool. Personalized views for each developer let them see the status of the overall project, the status of their own work items, and the status of their current changes. The service will make it easy for developers to work on their tasks by automatically creating a new feature branch and opening code for editing with one click. Team leads and IT leaders can centrally configure development policies, such as deployment windows and minimum code approver count. They can also receive automated reports about what activities and work their teams performed or get a list of recent changes.
- You have a passion for software development and the software development lifecycle. You've written and released lots of software, shipped products and contributed to platforms, tools and modules. You can identify and explain why various design patterns are either awesome or constraining. You've seen production code fail in spectacular ways - and learned from it. You understand the challenges involved with building developer tooling- and relish them. You love to learn new things and grow.
- You've come to understand that being passionate about an idea is different than taking it personally and believe that debate makes strong ideas stronger. You are ready to help guide your team through new challenges as your help drive the growth of our service.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- You're able to work independently. You are a self-motivated doer who owns and delivers solutions.
- Experience managing rapidly growing teams, driving hiring and managing the employee careers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
- Experience with systems engineering and operations of Internet services
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
At Amazon Web Services, you’ll be surrounded by innovative builders pushing the boundaries of cloud technology. You’ll be encouraged to bring your experiences, talents, and passions to work, and in...Read more