Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills.
As a Solutions Architect on the Northeast Enterprise team at Amazon Web Services, you will have the exciting opportunity to assist and shape the future of Enterprise customers. The Solutions Architect engages with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, and design reliable and cost-effective cloud native architectures. As a Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and other AWS teams to create solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Solutions Architect is a very technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics) and deep in at least two of those areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with customer stakeholders, including developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge to make a big impact.
Enjoy working with enterprise customers You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer, as well as pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS.
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge across the AWS Solutions Architect community.
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blog posts.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Open to travel up to 30%
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 7+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture
- 7+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Open to 30% domestic (US) travel
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math degree desired
- 5+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
- One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Experience in presales and working with enterprise customers
- Experience designing/operating solutions built on AWS
- Demonstrated thought leadership through publications and public speaking
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud