Amazon teams and systems create a complex ecosystem with big coordination challenges for large initiatives. As the Principal Technical Program Manager of Core Engineering, you will need to coordinate across this network of teams and own delivery of cross organization initiatives. Using your technical background, you will need to understand implementation challenges of each organization and team, and find ways to solve these challenges while also earning trust with senior management to drive adoption from the top down.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
· High attention to detail
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Demonstrated ability to influence managment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
· Capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
· Identify, evaluate, track and mitigate issues and risks.
· Expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies.
· Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
· Ability to use automation/scripting to automate reporting and analyze data.