The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of engineers to solve a variety of technical challenges. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy a highly scalable device ecosystem.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved at scale before - anywhere. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
· BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 7 years of relevant work experience).
· 3+ years industry experience in mobile application development.
· At least 7 years’ experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
· Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods.
· 2+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
· Familiarity with professional software engineering practices & standard practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience developing Android applications
· Experience managing teams of Android developers
· MS in Computer Science or related field
· Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills