How can we help Amazonians make more informed decisions about talent? How can we ensure our talent strategy and guidance is optimized for long-term value? How can we architect insights and systems to anticipate business talent demand and proactively identify and develop talent to fill these future needs? How do we effectively leverage econometrics, predictive algorithms, machine learning, UX design, and world-class product development to answer these critical questions? These are among the most important challenges at Amazon today.
We are looking for a world-class scientist who wants to help us define the future of talent evaluation, development, and management at Amazon. You will leverage data, customer feedback, algorithm design, machine learning, econometrics, and predictive analytics to help define new ways to evaluate, visualize, predict, and understand talent outcomes and decisions like hiring, promotions, and transfers. After you have developed peer-reviewed scientific solutions to these unique problems, you will partner with economists, data scientists, software engineers, data engineers, applied scientists, product managers, and UX designers to deliver your solution to tens of thousands of internal customers through world-class product experiences. This is an opportunity to fundamentally redefine talent management for one of the largest and most complex workforces in the world.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are passionate about helping those around you reach their fullest human potential, know how to deliver, and view technology as a way to disrupt and reimagine talent management processes, we want to talk to you.
· PhD/M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
· At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and applying models in a production environment
· Strong software design, coding, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience in at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar)
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with fast prototyping
· Familiarity with AWS services (S3, Redshift, Sagemaker, Glue)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.