This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Amazon Global Logistic (AGL) team is revolutionizing e-commerce by creating the world’s most efficient global logistics solutions, making selection from anywhere available to customers everywhere, at lowest prices and fastest delivery speeds. We focus on breaking down barriers to allow selling partners to sell their items to hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Our team develops software that removes friction from the process of global fulfillment and cross border selling. We deliver solutions pivotal to business expansion by enabling selling partners to provide better offers in existing marketplaces and to introduce their products to new customers around the world. We need your help to grow the AGL business by building highly-available, scalable, distributed systems providing a delightful experience to global customers and selling partners.
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related science or technology
· 3+ years of experience leading software development projects
· 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
· Experienced in understanding and contributing to the technical architecture and design of a product/ feature(s)
· Ability to understand and evaluate architectural designs for strengths and weaknesses and balance technical trade-offs against business ones
· Track record for managing complex technology projects
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
· Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
· Experience developing Internet products and technologies
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven problem solving skills
· Strong organizational skills