About the job
AREX is a data-driven FinTech that offers SMEs (Small and medium enterprises) an innovative way to sell invoices. Automation allows an SME to receive cash payment from sold invoices as early as within the same day.
Our first product is an automated receivables exchange platform where invoices are converted into a tradable asset class called Exchange Traded Receivables (ETRs). ETRs are then sold on an open market where a single ETR can be purchased by one or multiple investors using automated trading bots.
Leveraging cutting-edge technology, AREX offers an easy-to-use, cost-effective service, which is integrated with accounting systems, facilitating the work of accountants and empowering SMEs to achieve their goals.
What Will You Do
- Collaborate to build and scale our core systems and Marketplace.
- Create and enhance software based on a tech stack composed by Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, AWS EKS (Amazon Kubernetes managed service), Jenkins, Git, Docker and a bunch of other cool stuff.
- Help to keep up an Agile environment, focused in delivery to meet our customers expectations.
- Design simple solutions to complex business problems, ensuring availability and performance.
- Improve the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with automation at heart, boosting continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices and tools.
You will love this job if you are
- Passionate on web technologies and deeply knowledgeable in APIs creation.
- A programmer with experience in software engineering professional practices, like design patterns, SOLID principles, clean code and Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Keen to tackle the challenges of distributed architectures based on microservices.
- Research and experiment with new technologies that are the best fit for the problem you are trying to solve. We are a startup, we aim to use the right tool to do the job.
- Excited to have the opportunity to improve your code quality and problem solving skills on a daily basis.
About The Hiring Process
We are keen to explore your resume and, if you would like to, a cover letter with some of the things that drive you, professionally and personally as well. Let us know what makes you excited regarding your future role as a backend engineer at Arex!
If it seems that we are a good fit for each other, we will set a call! The goal is to explain more details related to the team, tech stack, the duties of the role you are applying for and, more than anything else, get the chance to hear about your trajectory. This should take half an hour.
Next we will share a technical challenge that is expected to be completed within one (1) week. You will get a thoughtful description of the expectations in terms of tech deliverables and the way those will be submitted.
We’ll let you know how things went within a week! If it still seems like a good fit all around, we’ll schedule a one hour meeting with two of your peers to deep dive into the solution, so you will be able to explain what was achieved, the techniques you applied and trade-offs that were made.
Last but not least, you will get a call from one of our product savvy teammates for a half an hour conversation regarding communication, collaboration and customer focused design techniques.
At this point, you will get an offer letter! If not, we will let you know at any stage of the process, so you aren’t left hanging.
Not sure if you’d be the right fit? Apply anyway! We’d love to know more about you and have an open conversation in respect to how we can grow together.
More on this opportunity
At AREX Markets we are committed to working towards gender equality. We call out gender inequality even in its most subtle forms, challenge our unconscious biases and develop awareness of those. We strive to build a community where everybody is represented, and we make conscious choices to support inclusion and equal opportunities throughout our journey, from the recruitment process to career progression. We therefore actively encourage women to apply for this position, and in general people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join the team. We are an open and supportive place to work.
This role will start out remotely due to COVID-19. We want to make sure all our employees feel safe in their work environment, in consequence we are providing the flexibility and tools, including home office equipment, to help you do the job. Our HQ is in Barcelona, Spain, however we are a distributed organization which keeps a mixed and elastic approach in terms of working on site and remotely.
Besides a competitive annual salary and remote work, other perks are
- You can choose between Mac and PC
- Equity/Stock options plan
- Private insurance paid by the company
- Home office equipment budget
- Training budget
- Tax relief plan for meals, kindergarten and public transportation (Retribución flexible)