We are the disruptors of the beauty industry. Our aim is simple: provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world’s best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty buyers’ club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups.
Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique. We are building a unique shopping experience across every digital channel to deliver a world class service for our growing numbers of customers.
We are using the latest progressive and native web technologies, alongside headless e-commerce tools and systems, to create a shopping experience nothing like what people experience today. Technologies include Next.js and Typescript, GraphQL, deployed with Terraform on cloud services including AWS, and Vercel.
Driven by data science, machine learning and analytics, from multi-variant testing, through to personalising the shopping experience, every customer will have a unique and tailored experience just for them, across every digital channel.
You're a Senior Full Stack Engineer who wants to build high-quality user-centric applications with experience of shipping code at high cadence. You're very confident with our technology and modern development practices. You have a deep knowledge of best practice in developing for the web, covering accessibility, performance, semantic mark-up and state management.
Motivated by building great products that solve real problems, whether it’s improving our customers’ experience, enabling our own team through great tooling or improving website conversion metrics. You care about the quality of the work you produce, aiming to make it stable, maintainable and easy to work with for the rest of the Beauty Pie Team.
Keen to work collaboratively, communicate potentially complicated and technical concepts in ways that make it easy for other disciplines to understand. In the areas you don’t have much prior experience, you’re excited by the prospect of getting stuck in and learning something new.
- Join one of our cross-functional teams to build user experiences for growth + marketing
- Contributing to the component library and implementing visual and component testing.
- Play an active role in our code review process, reviewing code from across the team as well as making it easy for others to review the code you write
- Contribute to discovery, ideation and research alongside designers, engineers in order to identify, prioritise, solve problems iteratively.
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgement to make autonomous decisions.
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team – be it through pairing, a talk or external speaking opportunity.
- Demonstrable experience developing full stack applications for the web
- Knowledge of continuous delivery and testing automation
- Experience with version control (ideally Git & GitHub)
- Experience using technologies like Typescript, Node, Terraform, AWS, and GraphQL