CMI works with business and education to inspire people to unleash their potential and become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders. In fact, CMI has more than 90,000 people training to be better leaders right now across our partnership network in the UK and internationally.
Backed by a unique Royal Charter, CMI is the only organisation able to award Chartered Manager status - the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
CMI’s thought leadership, research, events and online resources provide practical insight about critical issues for its 140,000 plus membership community and any professional looking to improve their results; create diverse high-performing teams and nurture the next generation of managers and leaders. #BetterManagers
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer
Direct reports: None but will lead digital projects across the organisation
Location: Flexible (Home-based during COVID then flexible working with some office time in either Corby or London)
Key relationships: Director of Insight and Development (including technology and product development), Director of Communications & External Affairs, Director of Member Engagement
As CMI’s Senior Digital Strategist, you will have the unique responsibility to develop and deliver CMI’s digital-first strategy and roadmap, with the objective of growing CMI’s brand online and building deep stakeholder engagement. You will embed this digital-first engagement strategy throughout CMI, guiding operational teams to develop and build a “best in class” digital experience for the communities CMI serves.
- Be the voice of the consumer across all digital touchpoints and drive innovation, influencing the adoption and deployment of digital technology
- Cultivate a holistic view and data science approach to analytics, working closely with directorates to drive a consistent approach and unlock future growth
- Partner with CMI’s technology, product, policy, member and partner engagement teams to continually create and define digital best practices and to deepen the organisation's understanding of who our communities are, their wants/needs, and how they behave
- Coach junior members of staff on how to turn digital analytics and modelling into actionable insights
- Engaging and leading cross-functional teams to identify digital execution priorities to be included in the digital roadmap
- Ensure capabilities, solutions and tools are built in a customer centric manner to leverage the voice of the customer
- Work with the Marketing team to influence the planning and direction of brand strategy and deliverables for CMI
- Drive high priority, high impact projects
- Responsible for setting the strategy for CMI’s social media
- Stay up-to-date with the latest digital media technologies and trends
- 5-7 years experience of working in digital brand strategy, and a proven track record of developing actionable strategies that drive growth and brand equity
- 3+ years experience working with start-ups / scale-ups to build successful brands online in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally and deliver successful outcomes as a team
- Firm grasp of end-to-end digital marketing strategies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to talk to and influence both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to translate data into meaningful and digestible insights
- Ability to work at pace, multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and “thinks outside the box”
- Low-ego, task driven, focused on results and delivery