Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world’s food systems to become more sustainable. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to reduce food prices, decrease food waste by 30%.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. Of course, it’s not only about working with top-notch tools but keep hiring excellent engineers too.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. Your big mission will be to establish and build the Product Analytics function, and support product development by providing valuable data-driven insights.
You will join as the first member of the team. In the first weeks you will understand our environment, product and set up the basics of the function. Shortly after that, you will start hiring your team to ensure that you can scale your impact to several product squads simultaneously. You and your team will work closely with Product management, Data Engineering and Feature Engineering in different squads and help us define what and how to measure, validate events, provide support to build dashboards and put product analytics in place. You will understand, propose, design and implement analytical solutions and provide valuable insights to key product decisions.
Essentially, your work will make a lasting impact on our product and you will have a lot of room to build processes and develop people around you.
What it’s like to be a Chocorian
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people. With founders who deeply trust their employees and where the employees trust and believe in their founders even more.
A start-up where people put the team first, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for day by day.
You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences and contribute in their areas of expertise and learn from each other.
You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, a circle of friends that not only works hard but also laughs with- and cheers for each other.
With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.
What you will need to have an impact with us
- Previous experience and genuine interest in building and leading great teams. Good people management, ability to build trust, interviewing skills and ability to build a healthy team culture.
- Solid background in product / data analytics (around 4-6 years) with a strong interest in advocating for data-driven product development. Ideally you have led a team of 2-4 people in the analytics area.
- Good understanding of analytics tools - we use Looker and Amplitude, but background in similar tools is also welcome
- Strong communication skills combined with a product-savvy attitude.
- Good learning ability, open-mindedness and good self-organizational skills will be absolutely key to the success of your work and the business overall.
You will impress us even more if you have
- Experience at start-ups and already made growing products more data-driven
- Experience with more advanced data / engineering tools such as Python or R programming, Airflow, AWS.
- Experience with setting up OKRs for your team