Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world into sustainable food systems. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We are now leveraging technology to bring change and start the necessary transformation the industry is craving for. We are building the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. Our company has the potential to reduce food prices, decrease food waste by 30% and reshape one of the oldest and largest industries on the planet.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Therefore, we are looking for more Chocorians who share our vision and want to join our journey here in Berlin. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We have just raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge technologies, modern engineering practices and always keep software quality standards high. We hire the right people and work with the right tools to stay on top of the technology game.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. We want you to take complete ownership for our product quality; infuse and strengthen a quality-oriented mindset across the development and release process. You will keep bugs and issues at an absolute minimum by implementing strong QA automation practices not only within the QA automation chapter but in the entire Tech&Product Organisation. You will perform in the roles of a team lead, mentor, quality consultant and advocate for engineering and product excellence.
Your contribution will be the following:
- Work hands-on in one of our cross-functional product squad as a QA, while guiding and leading a growing QA automation Chapter of 5-12 across different squads. Mentor and train your team members as well as developers about quality.
- Provide QA automation expertise to our engineering teams and implement excellent processes and standards.
- Develop effective QA automation strategies and create reliable, detailed test plans, test cases and documentation.
- Establish quality assurance measures and testing standards throughout our software development process including bug fixes and enhancements.
- Discover and experiment with new test techniques and formats, strive for continuous improvement to uncover and prevent bugs.
- Be humble, reliable, detail-oriented, a driven team player, admit mistakes readily, never stop learning and growing.
Our tech stack in QA Automation Engineering
Appium with Java and Cucumber
Bitrise and AWS CodePipeline for running the tests
What you will need to have an impact with us
- At least 6+ years of automated testing experience on mobile (iOS and Android) and web applications, awareness of related frameworks and BDD. TDD is an advantage.
- Proven experience as a team lead. You make others learn and grow around you.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- To be organised, communicative, and proactive, and excited to be involved in ongoing product development.
- Passion for quality, testing and performance.
You will impress us even more if you have
- ISTQB or similar certification
- Experience in building up CI pipelines from scratch
- Previous work experience as a developer, quality consultant in a startup environment
What it’s like to be a Chocorian
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people. We are a start-up where people put the team first, deeply trust each other, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for day by day.
You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences and contribute in their areas of expertise and learn from each other.
You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, a circle of friends that not only works hard but also laughs with- and cheers for each other.
With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.
We invite you to take part in the following selection process:
Introduction call: a Tech Recruiter will tell you more about Choco, our Tech Org and get to know your work, background, interests and you as a person better.
Technical interview: our Senior QA Engineer will have a technical deep dive with you. We want to map your previous experience, QA fundamentals, testing approach, methodologies and coding/scripting background.
Tech challenge at home: now is the time to show us your automation skills via a task from the comfort of your home. Our tech challenge models a simple QA automation task and can be solved in about 2-3 hours.
Product Demo: present your task solution to our Team Lead and Product Manager like a demo. This is similar to a simulation of a discussion with developers and product. They will check your fit to the team, how you collaborate with the non-tech side of the organization and your way of thinking about product quality.
Cultural and leadership interview: we will have a chat with you about our cultural values. We would also like to better understand how you see yourself grow and lead others to success.
OFFER: your interviewers will make a decision together regarding your offer.
A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the food space will be waiting for you! 🚀