We believe that each employee has a unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives that are essential to providing our customers with innovative solutions. The skills listed below are intended to give you a sense for our Compiler Engineer position. If you see an overlap with your skills, go ahead and apply!
- Apply your knowledge of compiler design, intermediate representations, code optimizations, assembly language, and hardware instruction sets to develop custom tools for system composition, cyber assurance, and reverse engineering
- Work in small research teams to develop innovative software prototypes
- Develop research concepts from proposal through to implementation and transition
Who You Are:
- A US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- A mid- to senior-level software engineer or a recent PhD Computer Science graduate
- Proficient in writing software in C, and familiar with C++ and Python
- Proficient in compiler design and optimization
- Experience with modern compilers, such as LLVM, GCC, and/or MSVC
- Motivated collaborator and effective communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences
Other Relevant Skills You May Have:
- Experience building compiler extensions and/or debugging compiler-related issues
- Understanding of modern JIT compilers
- Knowledge of operating system internals, particularly memory/process/thread management
- Experience performing static/dynamic/symbolic program analysis
- Experience with graph theory as applied to taint tracking and data flows
- Proficiency writing software in Scala, Java, Haskell, or Rust
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number and email address.
US Citizenship is required for all positions.