The Director of Product Management, Employee, will lead the strategy and execution of products that impact a critical consumer group, our end users.
In this role, you’ll drive the product roadmap, product requirements, and user design to ensure that we deliver value to our users and deliver on key metrics. The product manager has ultimate responsibility for the success of our employee products, so you should bring a high degree of ownership and accountability to the table as well as a strong level of business drive and know how.
This role requires someone who is consumer-obsessed, has exceptional product management skills and demonstrates the ability to influence others - someone who is comfortable working with leaders across the company to deliver product solutions. You will work closely with engineering, UX, legal, sales, finance, customer support, operations and marketing teams to define the right product features to prioritize and bring to market. We have a highly data-driven culture that begins and ends with us relentlessly aspiring towards the right business and user outcomes.
Our environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in an ever-changing environment. In this high-visibility role, and across the company, we value diversity in thinking and making your voice heard. We'd love you to bring your creativity and enthusiasm because you will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, starting by understanding and articulating customer needs, and bringing the right people to ideate on solutions. The ability to communicate well (across all levels) and constantly manage priorities is key to success.
If you have a passion for learning and growing, for you as much as for the team you manage, and the ability to thrive in a place with ample opportunities for growth, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Work with leaders to define the product strategy (for a consumer-level product) and own the delivery of the product roadmap and the associated critical metrics
- Lead the execution, bringing new features and capabilities to market consistently. Collaborate closely with your design and engineering partners, as well as other product leaders, to deliver
- Help drive priorities for your team by building a deep understanding of the business, our customers, our users and the market landscape
- Where needed, build the case and/or support finance partners in doing so
- Measure the impact of product releases and use data to advise the roadmap and product impact
- Work closely with critical partners to effectively go to market with new solutions
- Manage three (or more) Product Managers implementing an effective coach approach to developing the team. You will be expected to build their skill set and drive towards their development
- Help your teams continuously improve their processes and support overall product operations
What You Bring to The Team:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, ideally in FinTech or consumer solutions (though not necessary)
- A very strong customer-centric mentality with demonstrated experience translating that into your product work
- Intuition for business that helps you easily align with and push towards our company goals
- Mobile app experience, with a consumer-driven business model. You bring a really good sense of design practices and are able to work closely with UX designers
- Solid presence and ability to lead across all levels in the organization. Ability to define and garner alignment on product and business strategy with executive management
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross functional teams - You are able to tailor your communication to the different audiences you engage with
- Ability to stick to agreed-strategy in defining roadmap and products
- A highly data-driven approach to defining products, requirements, and priorities
- You care about the people on your team and are driven to make them successful
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours may be required to support customers