Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying.
Group Product Manager (GPM), Health
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) is the best and fastest place to see what’s happening and what people are
talking about all around the world. From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, from
big events to everyday interests. If it’s happening anywhere, it’s happening first on Twitter. Twitter is
where the full story unfolds with all the live commentary and where live events come to life unlike
anywhere else. Twitter is available in more than 40 languages around the world. The service can be
accessed at Twitter.com and on a variety of mobile devices. For more information, visit
- Founded in 2006
- Headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- Revenue in 2019: $3.46B
- 70% of users are international
- 3800 employees globally
Twitter is seeking a Group Product Manager (GPM) to help lead our efforts to oversee the Health of the platform. We are committed to increasing the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation on Twitter. You’d be responsible for managing Product Managers and leading a portfolio of products in the product organization that builds features to support platform integrity, customer safety, and tooling. Additionally, as deeply cross-functional, and building strong relationships across Product, Engineering, Legal, Policy, and Operations will be critical to the success of this leader. As Twitter continues to serve as one of the most important communication tools in the world, the need for focusing on the Health of the platform increases.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience as a strong leader, and building and shipping a variety of products that combat account compromise, spam, misinformation, scams, and other types of abusive behavior and content in online platforms.
Bachelor’s degree - ideally in computer science or design-related fields.
You might be the ideal candidate if:
- You have a demonstrated history of delivering consumer products (5+ years) and a deep understanding of online platform health and safety.
- You have worked at a global consumer-focused social media, community, or other technology company where you have managed a team of PMs for at least 2 years.
- You are a leader in the field when it comes to issues like platform manipulation, safety & abuse, and other health-related initiatives.
- You are dedicated to keeping the customer at the center of all product and design decisions that are made to improve the overall experience.
- You have a working understanding of engineering and technical depth that lets you partner with and earn the respect of world-class engineers.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and excel at building strong cross-functional partnerships within an organization.
- You’re an active user of the Twitter product and are aware of social media landscapes in general.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership.
- You are invested in the overall health and success of Twitter as a company and know when to balance the needs of your team and the needs of the general business.
- You receive feedback openly and graciously and deliver feedback to your team or other stakeholders in ways that are supportive and actionable.
- You are able to lead numerous projects simultaneously while balancing competing priorities and time constraints.
- You enjoy making difficult things happen and solving the many challenges along the way.
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded.
- You have unimpeachable ethics and excellent judgment.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
Exposure to sensitive or graphic content including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, and other graphic images
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.