The position is for an experienced SAP S4/ AWS Cloud and Infrastructure lead. This role needs a prior
experience in SAP Basis Administration with at least 6 years of hands-on experience managing SAP
environments and at least 8 years of implementation experience in AWS Cloud.
In this lead AWS Cloud and Infrastructure role, the employee will be responsible for the execution of public cloud solution offerings and be responsible for leading, coordinating and participating in projects from an Infrastructure perspective, ensuring that Infrastructure life cycle activities are consistent with common security and compliance practices around cloud.
The employee will enable and support the SAP COE by providing tool and procedure standardization and automation in NetWeaver covering also all multi-cloud aspects (AWS Platform) with focus on system migration.
- Serve as the deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development of cloud infrastructure solutions which includes multi/hybrid cloud design and implementation.
- Good Experience in SAP Infrastructure sizing on Public cloud
- Constantly explore new solutions and technologies, integrate learning and recommendations into the development process
- Demonstrate good expertise in all major Cloud Service Providers products and solutions
- Good understanding of SAP homogeneous and heterogeneous OS/DB migration techniques using SAP tools like SWPM, DMO, Database export/import
- Specialize in the best practice design, operations, and support of private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure including Network, Storage, Compute and Security
- Lead continuous enhancement and exploratory work to design, develop, test and deploy new Cloud Infrastructure technologies using agile methods
- Provide oversight of resolution to performance problems in production, development, and quality assurance cycles
- Keen insight into IT process improvement - Dev/Ops with a focused pursuit of automation and a strong sense of consistency throughout development and production environments
- l Develop capacity-planning processes to monitor and forecast cloud resource utilization
- l Ensure compliance requirements are adhered to and assist with internal/external audit activities.
- Project management of the group's initiatives, cloud infrastructure setup and implementation including upgrades, patches, day-to-day maintenance etc
- Partner with resources across various groups, including Security, Data Analytics, Cloud Engineering and Application Development to provide an effective, secure ecosystem that operates with a high degree of performance and uptime.
- Create architecture artifacts and documentation to effectively explain architecture design concepts and solutions to various level of stakeholders.
- Recommend new services to complement and enhance infrastructure elements to stream-line and support applications development and deployment
Education and Experience Required:
- 8 to 15 years’ hands on experience in designing/implementation/consulting of large-scale private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions with 4 years technical expertise in SAP HANA.
- Typically, 6+ years of experience in SAP environments in, SAP S/4 HANA, Business Information Warehouse (BW4HANA), Business Intelligence (BI) etcl
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study, or
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- The candidate should have attained professional certifications in AWS with at least 5 years of implementation experience in AWS
- Possess hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in IT infrastructure and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following area: Platform, storage, database and virtualization, Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS), Container technologies like Dockers, Kubernetes and AWS ECS.
- Apply knowledge of Agile software development and DevOps to infrastructure as code development and deployment.
- Experience with Web and server technologies including Virtualization, Web services, EAI, with knowledge of J2EE and SOA concept
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed computing knowledge with messaging, SOAP, .NET and AD
- Ability to communicate IT architecture methods, concepts, standards and policies
- l Work with technology teams to prototype and prove the viability of solutions.
- Work with Cloud providers and business teams to troubleshoot application performance on the cloud environment and other business-critical issues.
- Hands-on experience in building SAP infrastructure specific compute, storage, and networking design in AWS Cloud environment
- Hands-on experience with cloud build automation using AWS CloudFormation Templates
- Hands-on Experience of High Availability Architecture and Disaster Recovery design for different SAP Modules, which is certified, tested, and cost-effective.
- l Experience in SAP Backup and Recovery, Experience in SAP High Availability architecture
- l Design and deploy SAP HA and D.R. Architecture
- Windows and Linux Operating System
- Networking and connectivity (VPN/ Direct Connectivity/Hybrid Networking) between on-premise and public cloud(s)
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-wide hybrid/public/private cloud solution, design, and implementation projects.
- Secure knowledge networking and hybrid connectivity between clouds and on-premise network (MPLS, VPN, etc.)
- Day 0 and Day 1 services: IAM, Federation, Active Directory and A.D. Federation Services
- Security Stack.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Manage external Consultants from vendors as needed for projects.
- Advanced written and verbal communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Proven ability to manage and juggle competing priorities.
- Oversee solving complex business problems by creating IT solutions in consultation with business partners, architects, and other stakeholders
- Familiarity with any monitoring tools like SiteScope, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, etc.
- Should have implemented at least 2-4 sizable deals on Cloud Migration / Workload Hosting