The Commercial Organization’s Transformation Management Office (TMO) is looking for a motivated, seasoned and experienced individual to play a key role in the continued transformation of our company’s commercial operating model.
Over the last three years, the CO TMO team has helped drive and manage the implementation of HP’s new commercial operating model while at the same time transforming our organization into a highly efficient, data-driven, digitally-enabled and automated engine that is driving better customer, partner and employee experiences. Our transformation efforts have also unlocked efficiencies and driven a significantly improved cost structure, a key pillar of the value strategy we committed to our shareholders and investors.
We are now planning and executing the second chapter of HP’s transformation with strong commitments on cost structure improvements and increasing efficiencies in our Commercial operating model for the next 3 years (FY23-25).
The CO TMO Strategic Planner will be based in the United States and will play a key role in:
- Designing and deploying CO’s 3-year Transformation Plan and Annual Planning Process (LTP, Budget and Restructuring), in strong partnership with CO Finance and CO HR functions:
- Identify Efficiency Initiatives and building an Initiatives Funnel
- Assessment and due diligence of Transformation/Efficiency Opportunities
- Standardization/Consolidation/Automation Opportunities
- Develop Financial Plan (Investments and Savings)
- Drive interlock within CO Organizations and other HP Organizations (GBUs and Functions)
- Organizational Restructuring
- Developing and Executing CO’s overall Program Management Framework
- Dashboard, Governance, Cadence, Reporting
- Leading certain Transformation Initiatives
- Develop Execution Plan and Milestones
- Developing actions to mitigate risk to CO’s 3-year Transformation Plan
- Driving CO TMO’s Communications and Change of Management Plans
- Representing, Influencing & Aligning with HP’s Corporate TMO team, HP’s Corporate Strategy & Planning team, HP’s Digital Transformation Initiatives, and PS and Print GBU teams
In addition to excellent analytical thinking, problem solving skills, business and financial acumen the ideal candidate must be proficient across the following three criteria:
1) Executive Engagement
- Established communication skills at an executive and upper middle-management level.
- Comfortable presenting to, interacting with and influencing L1 and L2 executives.
- Works closely with executives to drive strategic alignment and gain sponsorship on key transformation areas.
- Develops strong relationship and credibility with key executives, managers, and individual contributors to form effective partnerships
- Ability to influence strategic direction while incorporating key executive/HP stakeholder perspectives.
2) Strong Program Management Skills
- Implements high-impact transformational initiatives across a cross-functional project team.
- Provides strategic project oversight, governance, overall coordination, status reporting, and stability for complex cross-functional work efforts.
- Communicates decisions, plans, status, issues, and workarounds to achieve alignment across teams and markets.
- Manages programs in a large, complex organization.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders and partners as necessary to communicate strategy and gain perspective and feedback.
- Brings together and manages virtual teams across functions and regions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a complex and global environment and deliver results.
- Ability to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative.
- Ability to learn fast and develop creative approaches to program objectives.
- Builds financially sound, executable, data driven analysis in support of program execution as needed.
3) Go-to-Market Experience
- Background in sales, category, sales ops or business/strategy planning role at region or country level.
- Background in a leadership role, developing and implementing go-to-market, sales or partner strategies.
- Brings a deep understanding of go-to-market models, processes and requirements.
- Leverages deep expertise to bring new thought leadership and contribute to strategy and program development at a global and market level.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA highly desired.
- Proven track record in management of complex projects and initiatives.
- 10+ years’ relevant work experience.