HP is currently transforming as a company with continuous innovative technologies and an evolving culture. HP is seeking out ambitious candidates for a Public Sector, SLED, Inside Sales Account Manager role in the HP Commercial Sales Organization. As the Inside Account Manager, you will be responsible for end-to-end sales lifecycles for a set of Public Sector accounts in a given geography.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly with end user customers and partners, with a high focus in K-12 Education, HiEd and Local Governments. You will work closely with internal HP teams to build strategies and solutions that satisfies the customer’s needs and outcomes. If you are enthusiastic, strategic, creative, and like solving advanced business solutions, you’ll be a good fit for this role.
Apply basic knowledge of the job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments/tasks. Good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Work on assignments that are routine to moderately complex in nature and requires basic problem resolution and independent judgment. Allocate own time efficiently.
- Nurture and close new opportunities that result in incremental orders, revenue and margin to HP, representing the entire HP portfolio of products and services
- Long-term territory planning across identified named acquisition accounts
- Build and maintain solid customer relations that protect and expand HP's Installed base.
- Responsible for pipeline and forecast in accordance with sales center business process
- Attain quarterly targets and annual quota
- Inform customers of company promotions and upgrades; persuade customer to purchase extended products, services, supplies
- Execute opportunity and lead management
- Establishes a professional working relationship with the client
- Aligns the account strategy and sales motions to maximize client value
- Seek out appropriate resources in presales, product/service specialists to support complex deals
- As dictated by the selling model, establishes partner contacts to share account information and seek joint opportunities that drive incremental revenue
- Consistently meet or exceed metrics related to outbound calls, open pipeline opportunities, and closed won revenue set by segment management
- With management guidance, proactively contact and sell products/services and completes lead follow-up within assigned area of responsibility
Knowledge and Skills:
- Competitive selling skills
- Active listening skills to identify customer needs and tailors messages to customers based on their needs
- Must be a team player and juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Must be able to apply subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution
- Exhibit knowledge of HP portfolio of products or capacity to learn and utilize product resources to meet job requirements
- Know and understand HP's sales tools and processes
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Education and Experience Required:
- Two year university/Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience interacting with customers (i.e., Technical, Administrative, or Call Center roles).