We are seeking an experienced Digital Strategist to help advance the ongoing digital transformation at HP Inc. This is an opportunity to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment and directly influence the Digital Strategy at HP. As a Digital Strategist, you will directly support the Head of Digital Strategy at HP to activate HP’s Digital Transformation Agenda and drive and support continued alignment across HP’s leadership, functions, and business units.
HP, as part of its ongoing digital transformation, requires innovation and a committed strategy that enables HP to continue its legacy to reinvent itself. The Digital Strategy team focuses on shaping and executing HP’s Digital Strategy and bringing teams together to execute a unified Digital Agenda. In doing so, the Digital Strategy team is driving and supporting an enterprise-wide effort, committed to developing innovative digital capabilities required to enable HP’s overall strategic objectives.
- Work directly with Head of Digital Strategy to drive strategic meetings with digital leaders across HP, operationalize HP’s Digital Agenda, and ideate opportunities to accelerate HP’s Digital Transformation
- Coordinate and collaborate with functions and business units to define, support and prioritize Digital Programs and prepare investment submissions for financial planning process
- Facilitate, support and provide guidance to cross-functional forums and ongoing engagement with functional leads on operationalizing Digital Strategy, including reviewing digital investment opportunities and addressing foundational dependencies
- Prepare updates and communications to HP senior leadership on the development and operationalization of HP’s Digital Transformation Agenda
- Engage and collaborate with functions and business units to strengthen and support core network of digital leaders and drive ongoing alignment around Digital Strategy
- Continually reinforce alignment within Transformation Office around Digital Strategy and strategic priorities
- Consult and collaborate with business executives on a wide range of issues to shape the Digital Agenda, including capability gaps and new growth opportunities
- Provide thought leadership and expand knowledge base within the Digital Strategy team, including developing new approaches for assessing digital investments and accelerating time to value of Digital Programs
- Collaborate across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support
- Identify research, tools, and analyses required to collaboratively achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects
- Structure analyses to evaluate, prioritize and support Digital Programs for HP’s Digital Transformation Agenda
Typically, 8-12 years total experience. Often 4-7 years post-advanced degree experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate abstract ideas clearly and draft / present client deliverables and recommendations
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions with limited guidance
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage and support competing priorities in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and coordinating multiple teams
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering, consulting, and driving alignment across diverse teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience in statistical analysis and financial modelling
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge across multiple business units, and extensive knowledge and understanding of diverse applications and technologies
- Excellent group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, conflict resolution, and management
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues
- Creates hypotheses for necessary foundational Digital Programs leveraging knowledge and understanding of HP’s business
- Supports the Digital Strategy Lead in communicating Digital Strategy broadly to senior leadership within the organization
- Prepares and facilitates executive leadership communications regarding Digital Strategy, including digital investment recommendations
- Typically partners with SVP-level and above
- Manages and supports multiple large, cross-organization consulting assignments
- Identifies the need for new and improved digital governance processes and drives their development and implementation
- Develops and progresses Digital Strategy goals for the enterprise
- Presents updates and recommendations to senior leadership audiences
- Creates new consulting frameworks for delivery and collaboratively contributes to tools, templates, and intellectual capital.
- Designs and manages strategic development across multiple functions and business units
- Anticipates emerging trends that may impact the overall business model
- Recognized internally and externally as an industry expert for determining financial impact and benefit of Digital Programs
- Decision-making responsibilities extend to multiple functions and/or businesses and impact the business directly
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and t