Our teams own the post-purchase processes on the idealo platform and are therefore directly responsible for delivering a successful buying experience to our customers. Our Responsibility includes the order processing, which handles several thousand orders per day, and the various communication channels in the direction of our customer and merchant. Our daily work has a direct impact on the trust of the customer and thus on the success of our brand.
Our modern event driven service landscape, processes and creates order, customer inquiry, customer complaint, merchant inquiry and shipping information events. Our Java8+ based systems publish those events and meta-data via Kafka or AWS SNS/SQS to the whole company. As compute platform we use our own container based private cloud (OpenShift/Kubernetes) or AWS Services like Lambdas.
About your new role
- You actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve our service landscape.
- You embrace healthy, modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested, and thoughtfully refactored code with the team.
- You approach your work proactively with a sense for solving problems, a smart and simple way.
- You will work closely with our Product Owner and team members to deliver high-quality solutions for our customers.
- You demand and promote technical excellence and continuous delivery while keeping the needs of customers in mind.
- You will develop and deploy our product continuously to AWS and our private container-based cloud.
- You will collaborate with engineers of other teams on overarching high-impact projects.
Skills & Requirements
- Solid experience with event-driven Architecture and Micro Services using Java 8+, the Spring ecosystem (Boot, Cloud, Data) and messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka.
- You are experienced with Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD and AWS Services like Lambda, SNS, SQS and S3.
- You are ready to take the end-to-end responsibility for your services.
- You are used to using automated tests to improve the quality of your daily work.
- You are able to challenge and improve architectures regarding scalability and stability.
- You have an informed opinion, and you stand up for it - while you respect it when others do too.
- You give constructive and appreciative feedback.
- You have experience working in an agile environment.
- You are eager to learn and improve yourself upon feedback and honest exchange.