The team: B2C Offers
Our team is responsible for the contents of the list of offers that is shown as a key-feature to our users in the apps and on our website. In our modern service landscape, using current Java, NOSQL databases and message streams, we aggregate big data for different use cases in near real-time. We use Kafka topics and APIs to deliver information concerning the pricing and sorting of offers as well as meta information and summaries to several other teams at idealo and our partners. Our work has a measurable effect on idealo’s business every day!
About your new role
- You actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve the software of the shopping experience at idealo.
- You embrace healthy, modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and thoughtfully refactored code with the team.
- You approach your work proactively and have a sense for solving problems, the smart and simple way.
- You will develop and deploy our product continuously.
- You will be working closely with our Product Owner and team members to deliver high quality and fast APIs and streaming content.
- You work with agile methodologies like Kanban and Pair Programming.
- You will work in a self-motivated team that enjoys being involved in the complete software lifecycle.
Skills & Requirements
- You have professional experience as a senior software engineer in the development of microservice applications using Java 11+, Apache Kafka and the Spring ecosystem (Boot, Cloud, Data).
- You have experience working on public Cloud. AWS experience is a plus but experience with GCP or Azure is highly appreciated too.
- You know how to keep a distributed system running with regard to scaling, load balancing, partitioning of message clusters, logging and monitoring.
- Experience with Kubernetes, containerization & virtualization, CI/CD, MongoDB or an equivalent document database is a plus.
- You like to work in an agile and delivery focused team.
- You have a passion for professional software development and engineering, following and defining best practices and principles.
- You use unit tests and other forms of automated testing in your daily work.
- You like to challenge architectures and help us to bring scalability to a new level.
- You give and take open, constructive feedback.
- Our team is international, so you need a high level of English both written and verbal.