Reporting to the Head of the Architecture Center of Excellence, the Senior Architect – Data is responsible for creating and maintaining a data strategy that supports business functions, operational processes and analytics needs across the IT Landscape. This individual is well versed in modern data architecture practices and is able to ‘connect the dots’ to understand what data and insights are critical to the business’s short-term and long-term growth. The Senior Architect - Data will collaborate with the business, IT, vendors and partners to align project investments in data solutions with the goal of achieving a fully data driven business.
What will you be responsible for? (Apart from innovating)
- Developing a data strategy and IT investment roadmap that focusses on harnessing and integrating data, provides a strong data management vision, and optimizes the value of data assets.
- Researching future trends for operational data and data analytics and proposing the best ways to integrate them within our current landscape.
- Developing, promoting and streamlining our self-serve capabilities for internal users and customers.
- Identifying opportunities and proposing action plans to improve business processes with more efficient data solutions.
- Working with the business solution delivery teams to define data solutions, infrastructure, and architecture.
- Championing a data driven culture by driving innovation.
- 10+ years experience in data architecture including but not limited to: Data Governance, Data Modeling, Database Design, Data Integration, Enterprise Data and Metadata Management, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Analysis and Data Security.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in leading and developing Data Strategies and Roadmaps in medium to large organizations.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a senior/influencing role across both the business and IT.
- Minimum of 5+ years of broad experience in solution design and delivery, including working knowledge of infrastructure, database platforms, middleware and applications.
- Experience architecting and developing large-scale enterprise data solutions both on premise as well as in the public cloud using Azure, AWS and/or Google.
- In depth expert knowledge with a track record of successful results on leading large-scale information management/transformation programs.
- Exceptional skills in coaching, influencing and driving cross-functional teams, and delivering solutions in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, critical and strategic thinking, time management, priority planning and interpersonal skills.
Additional Skills that set you apart:
- Experience with event processing, event streaming and big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Databricks, Python, Java, etc.
- Training and certification: TOGAF, DAMA, TDWI, vendor and public cloud certifications, etc.