We’re looking for a remote Junior Software Engineer who will focus on developing the backend of our real estate applications: Otodom in Poland, Imovirtual in Portugal and Storia in Romania. We’re a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What you will be doing :
- Working in a small cross-functional team (product, testers, analytic, front-end, back-end, DevOps)
- Working on well-known marketplace with very high traffic
- Building the biggest and best use case of Serverless technology in Poland
- Creating high-available backend solutions for internal and external users
- Contributing to an architecture of multi-country marketplace
- Crafting architecture of new high-available micro-services
- Constantly improve your skills by attending internal and external workshops and conferences
- Be a part of hardworking developers that actually care about product and technology
Who we’re looking for:
- 2 + years of experience with Go / Kotlin
- Ideally serverless production experience or strong interest in serverless technology
- Desire to help OLX Group in building the biggest Serverless use case in Poland
- Background working with relational databases as well as non-relational databases, e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached
- Has a good understanding of cloud architecture, ideally AWS. Phenomenal if you know DevOps technology like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Is responsible for the work, motivated by the quality of delivered solutions
- Is able to think from a user perspective — it's important not only to know how to seek a technical problem but also to understand why
- Strong team-player, open discussions and for cross hub collaborations
- Bonus points for experience with: GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, CI/CD
What we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus: 10%
- Outstanding opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX success, based in Poznań
- Working with and impacting all OLX websites around the world
- Training and conference budget
- Benefit package
- Remote work
What you'll need to know about us:
- Otodom, Imovirtual and Storia are part of OLX Group, a global product and tech company with +20 brands, +5000 people and one attitude.
- Our mission is to help people upgrade their lives. We make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- Every month 350 million people use our trading platforms. We’re going for a billion. We estimate that 17 million things are exchanged on our apps and platforms every single month.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference! We improvise, experiment and push each other further, accepting uncertainty and motivating change.
We are part of Naspers, a global internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world! Around a fifth of the world’s population improve their daily lives using the products and services of companies that Naspers operates and invests in.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope to encourage you to join us. Want to learn more about us? Take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.