Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying.
Who We Are:
Recos Platform Infra team builds common services for candidate generation, targeting, similarity tasks, and interaction features for consumer recommendation products. The unrivaled challenges that we face at Twitter are both the data scale and the real-time nature of the product. How do you find the most meaningful content among hundreds of millions of new tweets for hundreds of millions of users every day at Twitter? We build large scale personalized recommendations systems to deliver this at scale with high throughput and low latency. Most of our work is about recommendation systems, information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design.
What You’ll Do:
- You will lead diverse, capable, and driven engineers and align their career ambitions with business requirements and opportunities. You will collaborate broadly to develop technology which provides a great return on investment.
- Lead the vision and mission for the Recos Platform Infra team. Be responsible for the team’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Mentor the professional development of direct reports, through personal and performance management. Form a collaborative team.
- Build strong relationships with other functions, partner with them to deliver value to our users.
- Be an engineering talent magnet to make the Recos Platform Infra team successful in its mission.
Who you are:
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale. You care about setting up healthy distributed teams and collaborative environments.
- You have tech-led a team or managed a team with responsibility for software development in production.
- You have a strong software engineering background, and have built a relevance driven product.
- You are skilled at coaching and guiding your peers and/or directs through their careers.
- You’re capable of communicating & collaborating with our business, product, engineering, design and research colleagues to discover new opportunities that benefit Twitter.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science with a focus on software engineering, mathematics or a related quantitative field or commensurate work experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a large engineering organization, both in terms of scale and complexity of the mission.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.