Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying.
Who We Are:
The Notifications Infrastructure team is responsible for the platforms that help Twitter communicate to our users, whether that be through email, push notifications, or SMS. This encompasses the entire end-to-end of datastores, stream processing, and deliverability. We deal with scalability in the billions, and we are excited by the challenges of this magnitude. We are looking for an engineering manager who is excited to lead the team that builds out our infrastructure that powers these services. You will lead Engineers and will be looked upon to set team roadmaps, present to executives, drive the career development of your teammates, and influence all facets of the company’s Notifications strategy.
The team is currently present in both San Francisco and Boulder.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the Notifications Infrastructure team, you will:
- Manage the Notifications Infrastructure team within Twitter’s Notifications Org
- Lead a team that is responsible for the delivery of Notifications to all Twitter customers at high-throughput
- Work with internal customers to ensure they are able to send Notifications based on their needs.
- Develop and deliver high-impact, forward-looking roadmaps for your teams for a time horizon of years in balance against company priorities and customer asks.
- Directly change the direction of how Twitter sends email, push notifications and SMS to our users.
- Communicate fearlessly and build trust with diverse stakeholders
- Contribute to a culture of technical and operational excellence
- Help solve cross-functional problems at scale
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- 5+ years of experience in the full stack Engineering, Distributed Systems space
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineering / Distributed Systems teams
- Experience managing and working with distributed teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or other technical disciplines (MS/Ph.D. is a plus)
- Robust project management skills, including work estimation, prioritization, planning, tracking, and retrospectives
- Excellent people manager with a record of recruiting, managing, and retaining talent
- Empathetic, self-aware, and learning-oriented leadership style
- High-judgement, data-driven decision-maker
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in any programming language like Java, Scala or Python
Desired (not required):
- Previous management experience in a high-performing, large-scale technology company
- Past experience building Notifications Infrastructure
- Past experience building user-facing tools
- Knowledge in end-to-end email deliverability
- Experience working in/with product engineering
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.