About the team
UX Research at Miro is a distributed team working with cross-functional teams in various hubs. As the third researcher in the company, you will enjoy the ownership, autonomy, and impact of a fast-paced environment like Miro. The value of UX Research is already proved and broadly understood by the Product Development partners, and they are keen to collaborate with you to improve their decision-making and product quality. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro builds products for users and with them, empowering teams to collaborate seamlessly across the globe.
You'll be collaborating cross-functionally to tackle ambiguous product and design challenges by formulating the right research questions and supporting conceptual decision-making, as well as rapid validation of risky assumptions by conducting multi-method research studies.
We expect you to be a thinking partner for the team, flexible and mature enough to iteratively decrease uncertainty and tackle complex problems that may not have immediately apparent solutions.
At Miro, seniority means the ability to execute complex end-to-end research programs autonomously, effectively, and with a high bar of quality. It means leveraging concepts from human-computer interaction to evaluate and improve the user experience. And, beyond craft and its execution, it's also about managing projects and stakeholders to drive the research process with transparency and predictability.
The beauty of the Sr. UX Researcher role at Miro is about the exposure to 15M+ users from a variety of industries, with a diverse set of backgrounds, profiles, and use cases. You'll be able to wear multiple hats and learn each time something new and exciting, so the curious mind never gets bored here.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to inform decision-making through evidence-based insights
- Design and conduct studies, utilizing the method that best fits the research questions at hand (e.g. ethnographic/field research, surveys, in-person and remote user/usability testing, longitudinal studies, etc.)
- Autonomously lead end-to-end research studies that support the Product teams by uncovering new opportunities, deepening the team’s understanding of the problem space, and evaluating existing and potential product features.
- Proactively contribute ideas to improve UX Research team culture and initiatives.
- Expand existing research processes and provide support to product and design teams interested in conducting their own research.
- Collaborate with Sales, Success and Marketing teams to share context, triangulate findings, and bring a mixed methods lens to their work.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years leading UX Research projects in Product-led organizations with demonstrated impact
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- Understanding of a broad range of research methods, with hands-on experience and expertise in a number of them: for example, evaluative testing (e.g. iterative prototype testing, concept testing, usability testing), ethnographic research, longitudinal research (e.g. diary studies), benchmarking, and survey design.
- Experience collaborating with product analysts/data scientists to adopt a mixed methods lens and generate hybrid (qualitative and quantitative) insights.
- Experience collaborating with designers to shape the product through concept testing and rapid iteration prototyping.
- Experience working in environments with a high degree of ambiguity, such as early-stage projects where the team may not have yet anticipated the research questions to be explored
- Excellent English communication & persuasion skills
- Stakeholder and project management skills
- Empathy and ability to adapt to changing context and research requests
Nice to have
- Leadership experience with guiding & mentoring others within the UX Research field
- Experience doing research with low-tech savvy users
- Prior experience with human-computer interaction
- B2B SaaS experience (especially collaboration space)
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!