About the team
You’ll be a part of the Product Design team, heading the newly created squad of User Research. Historically, Research was rooted in the Product Design team, so we already proved the concept of it to the broader organization, got buy-in, and started the expansion.
The team is a quite diverse group of professionals across Product, Digital, Content design, and Research. We are distributed across two hubs: Amsterdam and Perm. We value quality, authenticity, and striving to deliver the best possible experience to our users by deeply understanding their needs, matching it with our business goals and technical capabilities.
About the role
As Head of User Research, you’ll be responsible for shaping the research strategy, building a team, and elevating the overall quality and effectiveness of research practice within Miro.
You will be partnering with Product, Data, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Success, and Design leaders to inform the decision-making process and accelerate the learning velocity across the company.
As a leader, you’ll be able to thrive within and contribute to Miro’s user-centric culture by extending the Research influence from operational initiatives to the more strategic ones, scaling the research capacity, educating your peers, and building a strong rapport with other functional leaders.
It’s a great opportunity for a person with a bold vision on how Research should operate within the modern-day SaaS company, empowering millions of knowledge workers around the globe to collaborate effectively and with joy every day.
What you’ll do
- Hire, mentor, and retain the world-class User Research team
- Review, design, and help to implement research studies across the board
- Operationalize, enable and support research practice at scale
- Shape the vision and execute research strategy within the company
- Foster effective collaboration with other functions within Miro
- Work on product and domain roadmaps within cross-functional leadership group
- Understand business goals, priorities and align research effort with it
- Deliver actionable and relevant insights to inform product and designs decisions
- Ensure quality of the user research practice across the organization
What you’ll need
- 8+ years of experience in User Research
- 5+ years of experience in leading, scaling and mentoring the team
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research practice
- Hands-on experience with and deep understanding of different research methods like: user interviews, remote usability studies, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, ethnographic research, longitudinal research (e.g. diary studies), ux benchmarking, survey design and usage of multiple methods within a study
- Data literacy: ability to design, collect, and analyze significant amounts of behavioral data and effectively collaborate with the Product analytics team
- Ability to express complex problems in a concise manner
- Understanding of business and product metrics and how to influence it
- Strategic and critical thinking in a pair with mental flexibility and openness
- Skills to manage stakeholders, team, projects, and resources
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience working with SaaS B2C2B productivity tools
- HCI, anthropology of psychology degree
What's in it for you
Miro is a unique company on the global landscape of productivity/creative/collaborative tools. We reinvent the medium for teamwork: it's a canvas-based tool, which leads to a myriad of non-linear ways of using it. Mind Maps, diagrams, freehand drawings, wireframing, brainstorming, sticky notes, grids, kanban board, visual notes, cards, and a lot more!
As a Research leader, you will have a beautiful chance to dive into all these formats at once within the one tool. The subject area is quite large, which helps you to develop a holistic perspective on tools, human-computer interactions, and collaboration in general.
The curious mind never gets bored here :–)
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!