About the role
We’re looking for a visionary and experienced Head of Community to help us build the global Miro community. As the Head of Community, you will be responsible for leading and managing relationships with the entire Miro community, while building programs to drive a cohesive ecosystem across customers & partners. You will determine how to effectively measure success using traditional and non-traditional metrics. This position requires excellent interpersonal and project management skills, the ability to discover opportunities, adapt, and make decisions under uncertainty in a fast-paced environment, and dive into details while seeing the big picture. You must have a proven record of defining and moving projects from concept to completion and experience with piloting ideas and scaling what works. You must be a builder with no task below you. The Head of Community will work hand-in-hand with the Heads of Product, Growth, and Partnerships to offer our community an incredible experience on every level, reporting into our CMO.
What you’ll do
- Be one of the faces & voices representing the Miro community
- Own a wide range of ecosystem programs’ growth & success, constantly ideating on ways for us to scale to drive high value engagement
- Be responsible for a wide variety of community initiatives: social, email, user groups, webinars, templates, forums, etc.
- Stay connected and empower our incredible community ambassadors with tools they need to succeed and grow with us.
- Discover and engage creators around the world to surface the best content on our platforms and build out our own hub for community creation and interaction
- Monitor conversations and sentiment around Miro across the internet, surfacing sentiment, exceptional user-generated content, and feedback from both new and power users
- Share insights and work cross-functionally with the team to influence product development, marketing campaigns, and more
- Be obsessed with providing more value to the community: Constantly test new ideas & iterate on them, and measure goals to understand what programs we should invest in
- Be a Miro power user & advocate
- Attend and speak at online and in-person events around the world
- Recruit, empower, and mentor world class team
What you'll need
- 5+ years of community experience
- You've helped create a vibrant community for yourself or a company before: You come with a toolkit of tactics to do this again for us
- You love connecting people and helping others when the opportunity arises
- Experience working in a high growth company, with cross-functional teams
- You know how to conduct experiments, understand metrics, and create reports
- You've created videos on YouTube or Loom and hosted webinars for a company: You're charismatic and easy to understand on video
- You're experienced with tools like Facebook Groups, Slack, Discord, and Telegram: You stay up to date with the latest tools that could help us foster stronger communities
- You are comfortable with writing - from forum discussions to blog posts
- You have interest or expertise in design: You possess creative convictions and a vision for the final result
- You take a data driven approach to problem solving
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!