About the team
The Financial Reporting & Controls team is responsible for providing accurate financials, building our financial infrastructure, and ensuring smooth operations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team and make an immediate impact at a rapidly growing company.
About the role
The Senior Revenue Accountant will report directly to the Revenue Accounting Manager and support month-end close activities for revenue and accounts receivable. Additionally, you will partner with internal teams to build the processes, systems, and controls necessary to scale our quote-to-cash process. We’re looking for someone who can excel in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high attention to detail. You should be self-motivated and eager to dig into large datasets to ensure revenue is being recognized properly.
What you’ll do
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analyses pertaining to revenue month-end close. Identify and resolve inefficiencies within the financial close process.
- Review contracts, identify revenue recognition issues, and ensure compliance with revenue standards and company policies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive process improvements within the quote-to-cash cycle.
- Assist with the preparation of accounting memos to document the company’s stance on technical accounting matters
- Support external audit requests
- Complete ad-hoc projects and reports
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience with revenue recognition
- Strong understanding of ASC 606, preferably within Software/SaaS industry
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large datasets in Excel; SQL experience is a plus
- Strong work ethic and commitment to building effective processes
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce
- CPA preferred
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!