|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
The Network Operations Center (NOC) is part of the World Bank Group’s Network Engineering Unit (ITSNE), which falls under WBG’s Information Technology Solutions (ITS). The NOC operates 24/7 and primarily responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting of the World Bank Group’s Local (wired and wireless) and global networks, logging, and tracking problems, while testing new link/network equipment for readiness.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide 1st Level and 2nd level network and communication link infrastructure support to the World Bank engineers, HQ IT, Country Offices (CO), and other IT clients around the Bank.
- Monitor the Bank’s network infrastructure, applications and systems environment and responding to events and alerts.
- Perform 1st and 2nd level repairs, maintains, troubleshooting of the Bank's Local Area Network (LAN) and Global Communications networks, including all aspects of the network infrastructure (switches, routers, specialized servers), as well as communication links infrastructure (VSAT, MPLS, IPL, Internet2, etc.).
- Work and coordinate with technical support personnel, both internal and third-party vendors, to provide fast resolutions for network and communication link incidents.
- Take ownership of all HQ network and Global Communication Network incidents.
- Perform follow-up action to make sure incidents are solved in a prompt and professional manner.
- Escalate (as necessary) the incidents promptly to ensure high availability of network devices that are part of the Bank's network.
- Act as a point of contact for the engineers, HQ and Country Office Information Technology staff, in case of network and communication-link incidents.
- Provide implementation support for Global Communication projects, including acceptance testing of links in co-operation with the Country Offices’ IT staff, vendors, and Engineers.
- Connect equipment and run emergency cabling in the Data Centers and major network Communication Rooms (NCR).
- Configure switch ports, operate test equipment, and use diagnostic software to perform individual tests as well as ongoing performance testing.
- Create incident ticket, provide update, and follow-up.
- Write and update technical troubleshooting procedures, make recommendation for modifications to existing procedures based on their daily experiences.
- Work closely with other technical professionals in a multicultural environment.
- Perform Incident ticket review for quality and provide technical training to NOC personnel.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 + years of relevant experience or Associates Degree with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of experience in in the telecommunications industry and/or computer networking, wired and wireless technology.
- Certified Technical Training, CCNA, CCNP (preferred).
- Good knowledge and understanding of LAN (wired and wireless)/WAN technology.
- Knowledge of various network monitoring tools, such as PRTG, SolarWinds, Splunk, or some other monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Service Now Incident Management System or Remedy.
- Advanced Knowledge of CISCO operation system.
- Knowledge of Network Firewall Security.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Excel.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems independently, as well as in collaboration with a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment, and deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment, and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and Holidays.
- Excellent customer service, technical, and analytical skills.
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
- Advanced Knowledge of various network monitoring tools, e.g. PRTG, SolarWinds, Splunk, etc..
If you are interested, please send your applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.