We are looking for a Data Engineer to work on truly massive datasets, build resilient near-real-time data pipelines and support our product teams with state-of-the-art data architecture, using the entire portfolio cloud computing services available on AWS.
What you will be doing:
- Looking after development, maintenance and expansion of our huge S3-centric data lake.
- Prototyping and developing data services and pipelines in production.
- Providing data engineering capabilities to our awesome product teams.
- Solving the most difficult data challenges, hand-in-hand with other data teams in the company.
- Clearly and creatively documenting your achievements, tools and pipelines, so they’re useful and easy to grasp for your team members.
- Promoting and embedding the Core data stack for further use within the organisation.
- Researching new business intelligence and big data technologies and techniques.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are driven by curiosity and have passion for data.
- You enjoy helping teams go beyond the limits of extracting business insights from our data.
- You are a fan of big data and have hands on experience with large data sets, preferably in an e-commerce environment.
- You feel comfortable with Python and Scala.
- You are proficient in SQL (any variant).
- You have at least 1 year of experience working on AWS.
- You know how to build secure, efficient, cloud enabled data pipelines using S3, EMR, Kinesis and Lambda
- You strive to write beautiful code and you're comfortable with learning new technologies.
Nice to have
- You are not completely new to the following technologies/tools: Spark, Delta Lake, Hive, Presto/Trino, Docker.
- You have some experience with Airflow.
- You have some experience and like working with serverless applications.
What we offer
- For this role, it can be within the the country in which we have our offices: Berlin, Poznan or Lisbon.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits, in a diverse working environment with inspiring and hardworking colleagues.
- A positive, get-things-done workplace.
- A dynamic, constantly evolving space (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this).
- An inclusive environment that ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions.
- Ability to learn cutting edge concepts and innovation in an agile start-up environment with a global scale.
- A flexible working environment where you can drive your outcomes.
- Company mobile phone, laptop and other tools you might need
We are the world’s fastest-growing network of trading platforms, operating in more than 30 countries around the world. We help people trade cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands, including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. Our purpose is to craft the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. To find out more https://www.olxgroup.com/story
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
We are powered by a team of more than 10 000 people, inspiring change across 5 continents in offices all across the globe. We believe a diverse workforce working in an inclusive environment can unlock value in our people, bring better customer solutions and become a driven strategic advantage for our company.