What you will be doing
Your work with us is to lead and shape an effective multi-functional team of 6-10 people of which 3-6 engineers are under your direct management. As such you'll be responsible for:
- Contribute to scaling our platform to the next level of modularity & shareability while working on architecture, tools, standards, and practices for the engineering European organization.
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, feedback, and career development of the engineering team.
- Technical leadership by putting in place and continuously improving development and quality practices (design, code reviews, code quality, testing, release management)
- Supporting the team with as much or little process as they require, e.g. implementing the best methodology that brings efficiency to your team.
- Work with recruiting team to find and interview engineers
- Be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of our product features.
- Working together with the team’s product responsible to align technology solutions with the product vision.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in Software Engineering or in a similar field in Computer Science.
- Proven people management experience focused on developing and growing teams and its people. Not just on putting people on the path, but dealing with all sorts of situations.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, adaptability, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Ability to lead by example not being afraid to take risks and to go beyond what’s expected
- Solution oriented, and when issues arise, be able to roll up sleeves and tackle them with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Passion and experience designing, building and scaling services, cloud-based systems serving millions of users. Experience in high-scale migrations is highly welcome for this role.
- Evaluates and creates new product features in collaboration with the product team, while guaranteeing its success.
What we’ll give you
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX Group success.
- Working with and impacting all Classifieds websites in Europe collaborating with European and other International Hubs.
- A phenomenal place to learn and develop within fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in a diverse world of OLX and Prosus
- A company committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees and create equal opportunities
- Work in a multicultural and international environment. We currently have over 20 nationalities in Portugal!
- Great Perks as a baseline, including, opportunity to go for conferences and open selection of training e-courses including MyAcademy, Udemy and specialist AWS trainings
- One of the most amazing offices in Lisbon.
What you'll need to know about us
At OLX Group, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We are OLX Group, one of the fastest-growing networks of trading platforms. We own well-loved household brands like OLX, Avito and Letgo, among others. Serving over 350 million people monthly in 30+ markets - and we’re going for a billion. We help people buy and sell cars, find homes, get jobs, trade goods - anything from teddy bears to an industrial gelato maker.
We also unlock value within our company. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
Last but not least, we unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
We are committed to our cause: shaping the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We are OLX Group.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
If you are as excited as we are about this position and our company, we hope you’ll let us know by applying! If you’d like to learn more about us take a look around our careers page and the OLX Group website.