We are on the lookout for an experienced Backend Engineer who wants to grow a career at OLX Group - one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms
Our team is responsible for the most core and crucial part of OLXEU - which are categories and ad posting. High traffic, lots of page views, lots of customers, lots of impact - and all without being too formal.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team in Poznan. You'll get the opportunity to take various challenges, by building new services around our main focus, contribute to OLXEU architecture, take part in business logic extraction from monolith, playing with cloud, share knowledge and gain knowledge.
What you will be doing:
- Building scalable platforms used by people around the globe while developing and maintaining products with billions of page views per month
- Participation in solving specific technical challenges with engineers from other European offices having a chance to accelerate your impact by delivering for millions of customers.
- Own the development process end-to-end participating in product design discussions, writing and reviewing code, assuring quality.
- Focused on delivery towards DevOps mentality
- Contributing to the EU engineering community through our guilds
- Driving in the discovery process by having access to the research panel
- Shaping the OKRs alongside product managers
- You have a background in either with Kotlin, Go or PHP — but more importantly have a proven track record of picking up new technologies quickly
- You're experienced with large scale web applications
- Passionate about TDD and you're not shy about it
- Used to work with CI/CD practices, RESTful APIs, and AWS
- You're a tech-savvy active in open source communities to find the latest solutions in the market
- Being able to help other engineers grow
- You communicate effectively in English
What we will offer you:
- Competitive salary of 12 000 - 17 000 PLN gross per month depending on seniority
- Annual bonus of up to 15% of your annual salary
- Excellent select-your-own benefits
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another.
- Any equipment you might need
- A budget for education, training, and conferences.
What do you need to know about us:
OLX is part of OLX Group. OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.