We’re looking for a Lead UX Researcher to join our EU Product Design & UX Research team. In this role, you will be responsible for proactively identifying, designing and implementing projects and research taking in consideration current and future needs in the whole organisation. You should be familiar with design thinking methods and apply them, using your facilitation skills to engage cross-functional teams and stakeholders. You should consistently translate insights into long term strategy for a product as an outcome from these processes.
Our Research team
Our UX Research team is on a mission to transform the way we build products at OLX Group. Before a small team, we are now expanding fast and bringing the best talent in the world to help us strengthen our research practice with a committed and passionate focus on solving real problems for our customers.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Are able to suggest and create extended research plans that help in making strategic decisions in the organisation;
- Analyse and synthesise research results to develop actionable insights that will influence and drive both strategy and execution;
- Work completely independently on more complex tasks and make decisions regarding product;
- Show ownership by spotting new responsibilities and acting as gatekeeper to the team’s quality standards,
- Know when which research method is the best to use from the perspective of current and future needs in the whole organisation, not only direct research questions;
- Expert in applying design thinking methods as the basis of UX research ways of working and tries to apply DT as a general way of working for the product teams;
- Actively advocating and experimenting new trends in order to stay ahead of the curve.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills - ability to understand and interpret quantitative and qualitative research findings within the context of the product/business transforming it into impactful recommendations;
- Strong communication & presentation skills (written, oral and visual);
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams across the globe and to present information to all levels of the organization;
- Intellectual curiosity – initiative to dig into the who, why, where, what & how;
- Curious about people, their behavior and how they get along with mobile/digital products;
- Advanced knowledge of software tools & applications for conducting usability research & testing, crafting prototypes and delivering impactful presentations;
- Experience in working with agile development teams and remote set-up;
- Inherent interest in eCommerce & marketplace platforms and broadly in the consumer Internet & mobile space;
- Most meaningfully, an extremely positive “Can Do” attitude which continuously drives you to take initiative and demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong team player and leadership skills
- Fluent in English and Polish - speaking and writing (mandatory)
What we can offer you
- Being part of an international, ambitious and successful team where diversity is highly valued
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits such as life and health insurance, bonus scheme, etc.
- A budget for ongoing education, aining and conferences
- A unique opportunity to learn and develop within a fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in the diverse world of OLX and Naspers
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Travel opportunities across our European hubs (when the current coronavirus situation gets stable)
- Most of all, a fun and informal environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchy.
OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
Our Diversity & Inclusion statement
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.