Do you wake up every morning hoping to find time to learn a bit more about platforms like Spark, Kubernetes, Pytorch, or React? Are you interested in building your breadth of skills with technologies our cloud customers use everyday to help them build their businesses?
If so, our Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team at Microsoft might be a good fit for you. We are a fast growing team of software engineers that work with our customers and partners to make the impossible possible. From our largest customers in the world to the smallest most strategic startups, we code with our customers on the platforms they use and, in the process, help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and building useful things for developers to make our platforms easier to adopt.
We are a passionate team that take the craft of software engineering seriously and apply that to everything we do. We are motivated by the empathy we feel when we hear about difficulties our developers face -- we love nothing more than to roll up our sleeves and code with our customers, be it in San Francisco, Tokyo, Stockholm, Boston or Boise.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions about this role or are interested in learning about roles like it, please reach out to the hiring manager https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterroden/
• Developing software to make communities, customers and partners successful on Microsoft platforms.
• Developing deep relationships with open source communities with high impact on Microsoft’s platform business.
• Sharing knowledge with and providing guidance to customers, partners and communities worldwide.
• Impacting internal Microsoft teams to influence the future product roadmap and improve our current offerings through technical feedback.
- At least 5+ years' of experience shipping or running production systems and/or software.
- Demonstrate proficient engineering fundamentals. Experienced employing concepts like CI/CD, test driven development, pull requests and agile methodologies to projects to maximize the quality of the software a team writes together.
- At least 5+ year's of experience with key open source languages and platforms. Tensorflow, Kafka, Cassandra, Go, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, node.js, .NET Core, Python. Bonus points for accepted pull requests on one of these platforms or telling us about a platform not on this list and why we should be involved in it.
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing. This experience doesn’t have to be with Microsoft Azure – but having experience with one of the major public cloud platforms is vital.
- Thrive with diversity. We are striving to build a diverse team utilizing a wide range of technologies while working with a global customer base. What we work on this quarter will not necessarily be the same as last quarter and that is one of the things we love about our team.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including working across geographical distances. This is not a checkbox item but a critical success factor in our team.