STR is hiring a hardware, software, and firmware Senior Reverse Engineer who has a passion for research and analysis of vulnerabilities in cyber physical systems.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Working in small research teams to reverse engineer complex software, hardware, and/or firmware targets
- Developing and applying automated reverse engineering and binary analysis tools to characterize protocols, interfaces, and functionality of target systems
- Performing reverse engineering on a variety of challenging targets ranging from x86 Windows/Linux binaries to embedded firmware running non-traditional computer architectures and operating systems
- Working in small research teams to develop innovative cybersecurity solutions
- Documenting, demonstrating, and presenting research
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related field (or equivalent)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Reverse engineering software using analysis and decompiler tools such as IDA Pro, Binary Ninja, or Ghidra
- Experience performing static/dynamic/symbolic program analysis
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages: C/C++, Python, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Active Security Clearance at the Secret or Top Secret (TS) level
- Operating system internals including memory/process/thread management
- Vulnerability research and analysis
- Exploitation development
- Implant or software patch development
- Knowledge of anti-reverse engineering techniques
- Protocol analysis
- Knowledge of binary file structures and formats
- Embedded systems or firmware analysis
- JTAG debugging, firmware flashing or extraction
- Assembly Languages (x86, ARM, etc.)
- Penetration testing or system hacking
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at email@example.com and provide your name, phone number and email address.
US Citizenship is required for all positions.