MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Senior software Engineer
Senior software Engineers play a key role in our product engineering squads. You’ll be responsible for helping design, develop and maintain our communication products and related services. This will enable our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard; and reach out to consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What you’ll do
- Help design and build a performant system
- Work as part of a team to design scalable and fault-tolerant communication platforms
- Refactor legacy parts of the system to sustain team and company growth.
- Work with, and enable engineers on other teams that interact with the platform.
- Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Experience building and designing highly scalable and available distributed systems and experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge of design system architecture both on a theoretical level and applied level
- Good level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems and experience with refactoring legacy systems
- Able and willing to teach others and help them grow
Psst … some added perks
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!)
- Free lunch and healthy snacks, every day. Yup, you read that right!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and boot camp sessions on our rooftop
- Company and team outings (from dinners and paintball to gaming and movie nights — and everything in between)
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table and gaming systems galore
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.