The Platform Services engineering group is looking for talented software engineers to grow our engineering team. VMware is in its journey towards the Cloud and our team is part of this transformation. We are building a group of could-based services that enhance the vSphere functionality. We also play a key part in transforming our customers’ user experience by using data to build a more personalized approach to providing prescriptive methodologies, resolving technical issues and predicting issues before they occur.
- Design and implement the next generation architecture of VMware's virtualization products
- Be part of a software development team working in collaboration with management, quality assurance, user experience and technical publications teams
- You will define/analyze the product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications, write/support the code
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will have to adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc.
- Experience with product development or strong willingness to switch from outsourcing to product development
- General programming knowledge - object oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Professional programming experience in Java and related technologies
- Experience with distributed systems
- Confirmed background in fundamentals of computer science and development process
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Experience with enterprise architectures – remote method invocations, extensive, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL security, etc.
- Experience with web services (rest, soap, wsdl etc.)
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service-Application-Presentation)
- Willingness to use different programming languages to address the specific product needs (Python, Batch Scripting, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with dedicated visionary attitude
- Willing to practice into other roles like code review, pair programming, QE automation
- Excellent social skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with building and operating cloud services
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in an agile environment