Due to the tremendous success we have enjoyed, exciting opportunities exist within our Technical Solutions Engineering organisation for Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers (SE). This position represents an opportunity to join our dynamic company and become an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape.
As a Solution Engineer you will provide pre-sales support to our Commercial Sales organisation in pursuit of virtual infrastructure and cloud business opportunities. As part of the SE team we are expected to help define, accelerate and close transactional business within a large variation set of accounts. We perform a variety of tasks including product overviews, customised presentations and demonstrations, complex solution design, infrastructure surveys, proposal development, advanced product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions.
- Present VMware product value and benefits to Managers prospects as well as Systems Managers and Administrators
- Provide technical and strategic vision about the VMware product family and present customized solutions to address complex customer requirements, utilizing VMware and partner products and professional services
- You will articulate VMware’s key messages and vision and discuss key benefits for our customers
- You will be recognised and utilised as a technical resource within the Swedish region
- Keep abreast of developments within industry and the organization
- Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
- Must maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each and be seen as the VMW Product Advocate
- You will actively seek out new sales opportunities by developing new and existing technical relationships within accounts
- Evangelise current and future VMware products and technologies with an emphasis on large enterprise deployments and/or vertical solutions
- Enthusiastically drive new and incremental business with the OEM and Channel Partners
- Ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (PoCs)
- Participate on a consistent basis in the SE discussion forum
- You will build training content for the SE organisation when appropriate
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
- Qualification in business or engineering discipline or equivalent training and industry experience
- Deep understanding of virtualization concepts and competitive positioning knowledge is important
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise technology including SMP servers, storage arrays, storage networking, network protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
- Open systems administration and management, technical sales or consulting experience prioritizing and organizing skills
- Communicates effectively verbally including excellent presentation skills, (experience of presenting to large audiences e.g. seminars an advantage); communicates clearly in writing; strong relationship building skills.
- Creative thinking ‘outside of the box’ & Demonstrates high ethics and integrity, is respected
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Knowledge / experience in the partner channel landscape is preferable.”