Email email@example.com if interested in applying.
Who We Are
We are looking for an extraordinary product leader for our Search and Timelines Infrastructure products.
The mission of the Search Infrastructure team is to provide best in class information retrieval (search) primitives for quickly and efficiently building new relevance-based products.
The Timelines Infrastructure team creates the delivery platform powering the intersection of content, users, and the environment they’re in. It is the logistics layer for content at Twitter, handling the flow of core Twitter content from between the point of creation and the point of consumption.
Together we seek to make it fast and easy for Twitter to build features that power content retrieval, relevance, and delivery for over a billion users. This is an outstanding opportunity to help define the future of Twitter.
What You’ll Do
In partnership with a best in class team of distributed system engineers, you will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, and executing on a strategy and roadmap of infrastructure features that provide the central building blocks for Twitter product development.
- Support all product efforts within the scope of both the Search Infrastructure and Timelines Infrastructure teams
- Collaborate with leaders from the broader Consumer Product Platform group on overarching strategy and execution
- Tune our product strategy and execution to make sure we are delivering infrastructure products that are fast, efficient, scalable, and reliable for our customer teams
- Build and maintain systems that allow feature teams to quickly test product hypotheses building on top of Search and Timelines capabilities
- Partner closely with eng management and teams to support efficient decision making, principled product ideation, and smooth execution
- Deeply understand the needs of the customer and make sure that those needs are well understood by your team
- Maintain close relationships with customers to keep tight objective alignment while building trust and thought partnership
- Keep optics high with leadership and the broader business for the critical work these teams are doing
Who You Are
You are a customer obsessed product leader that’s passionate about large scale distributed systems and search technologies, thrives in a complex stakeholder environment and can rally teams to deliver outstanding products. You bring both deep technical and PM leadership expertise, a strong intuition for business and decision making, and the ability to lead via influence.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Experience building and shipping large scale infrastructure products
- Technical depth that lets you communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of outstanding engineers
- Excellent structured thinking and clear communication style, both in person and in writing
- A knack for translating complex technical concepts for a variety of non-technical audiences
- Strong quantitative background and empirical thinking skills
- An innovative and detail oriented approach to problem solving
- A strong growth mindset and empathetic servant leadership approach to product management
- Experience leading through influence rather than authority
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
- Outstanding planning, coordination, and execution skills
- In-depth technical understanding of large scale distributed systems and search technologies
- A track record of leading large scale infrastructure products
- Experience simultaneously supporting multiple teams that span several geographies
- 5+ years of product management experience
- BA, BS in Computer Science, MBA a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.