Exciting opportunity for Staff DevOps Engineer in our Blockchain Engineering team. You will be working with and providing technical leadership for a team of engineers dedicated to making the VMware Blockchain Platform the dominant Enterprise Blockchain solution, as well as making significant contributions to the deployment and operation of service.
At VMware, we are fundamentally building the Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector including financial, retail, and supply chain. The VMware Blockchain solution is deeply engrained with unique technical innovation as well as ensuring it meets enterprise product needs for real world Blockchain applications.
VMware’s blockchain platform is a multi-cloud, multi-blockchain hybrid SaaS solution. Our team works on cutting edge technology to deliver improved management and security tools for our own blockchain environment as well as others from across the industry. You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware’s Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Design efficient and scalable delivery systems for VMware blockchain service.
- Participate in all phases of the software development process in a DevOps model
- Working with an agile team, provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- Design and write specifications related to workflows in cloud-based management systems to enable the product to be continuously integrated with technologies such as Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS.
- Develop tools and test frameworks for our Blockchain Product.
- Work with various ecosystems teams in VMware to support and manage SaaS solutions VMware
- Strong Python and Groovy experience.
- Strong networking knowledge, vSphere networking stack knowledge desired.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/vSphere)
- Knowledge of Continuous Development Tools such as Jenkins or Spinnaker
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Ansible
- Knowledge of resource monitoring systems, Wavefront preferred
- Ability to scope and estimate
- Strong verbal and communication skills