Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying.
Who We Are:
Our teams own the core application infrastructure for tweets, users, graph relationships (e.g. follow, block, mute, list subscription, etc), and URLs (links) that form the core building blocks of the Twitter product.
On top of that, we provide internal interfaces (request/response and push-based) and tools to conveniently and efficiently access Twitter data at scale, respecting users’ privacy.
Our application infrastructure is critical to the product and has to be incredibly reliable and scale to millions of requests per second.
What You’ll Do:
You will join forces with teammates to deliver cool high scale infrastructure and product features. Our team owns some of the world’s largest distributed systems that power a platform relied upon by many people across the world.
You will work on a product that has global impact!
Who You Are:
- You are curious and open to new ideas
- You have strong opinions but are willing to change your mind
- You love to collaborate, mentor, and learn with a great team
- You care about delivering high-quality software in a team environment
- You want to iterate quickly and safely on high scale systems
- You believe that anything that can be automated should be automated
- You like to dig into hard problems and solve them together
- No matter how senior you are, you are always looking for opportunities to grow and learn
- You are an expert in one or more general-purpose languages
- You enjoy working both collaboratively and independently
- At least 4 years of software development experience
- Proven experience with software engineering best practices for iterative development, testing, code reuse, etc
- Experience with Scala or other JVM-based languages preferred
Why Work with Us:
- Challenge - Our teams are solving some of the industry’s hardest problems with the best teammates. Come to be challenged, learn and thrive as an engineer on our team.
- Diversity - We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Diversity makes us a better organization and team.
- Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
- Collaboration - If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. We want to go far.
- Variety - We encourage team rotations that allow you to work with and learn from other teams in Core Services.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.