Our team of 90+ designers and user researchers is split into three departments covering User Experience Research, Product- and Brand Design. All designers work embedded in product tribes, in market facing teams or as part of a Global Design team. We are building additional capabilities in areas including industrial design, motion design, data visualization, UX writing and design operations.
As Senior Product Designer you will be joining our Invoicing & Accounting team. You will be responsible for designing meaningful, simple, consistent and easy to use invoicing and accounting solutions which cater to our merchants real life problems. You will become an expert in your specific domain, turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality. Your empathic thought process and research skills will help you understand the users problems and make sure we're delivering the right products and features.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with product management, engineering and different stakeholders to understand and help define product requirements.
- Facilitate workshops, design discussions shared feedback and deliver intuitive invoicing and accounting solutions.
- Conduct user and industry research.
- Ensure quality in all the steps of the product development process.
- Actively contribute to improving our design practices.
- Communicate the user experience at different stages of the design process by using wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and high fidelity prototypes.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 6+ years of experience working in-house for user-facing digital products.
- You have a great visual design skillset, understand design fundamentals and are detail-oriented.
- You know the common design tools and services (we mainly use Figma).
- Your design process follows a human-centred approach and you apply both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to validate your solutions
- You execute across all phases of design work: define user research, establish a conceptual foundation for design solutions, execute excellent UX flows and apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, create production-ready designs, participate or conduct usability testing and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation.
- Your excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills will help you communicate the value of design across the whole company.
- You are interested in code although you don’t necessarily have to code yourself.
Why you should join the team
- We’re one of the most innovative fintech players in Europe as well as North and South America
- We’re a truly global team of 3000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact - we are growing fast and open to actively shaping our own future
- You'll attend global offsites and regular team events
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
In the invoicing and accounting team, we believe in two rules: make your customer happy and trust your colleagues to make the best decision. Open and innovative, we strive to consistently bring our customers the best. As a recent acquisition of the global FinTech company SumUp, our mission has tremendous opportunities to spread.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate