We’re on a mission to create best services to help small businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We want to provide them a secure, instant access to their funds as well as a transparent overview of their transactions. This is where we need your support.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to take a lead in recruiting their dream team for our brand new Card Integration squad / team. Nestled within the broader Merchant Bank Tribe, the CI squad will be responsible for building an integration platform for the card and other payment instruments for the SumUp Bank. The squad will closely collaborate with the Core Card (issuing) squad as well with external partners providing card payment services.
What you’ll do
- Drive hiring and onboarding of the team and support them through their career growth
- Help the team to optimize their value delivery while improving engineering techniques and practices
- Keep using your engineering skills by staying hands on technical challenges alongside the engineering team
- Coach engineers in designing and planning feature implementations
- Provide design feedback to enable team autonomy and a scalable and maintainable code base
- Provide code review feedback, considering both style and implementation
- Set expectations early with team members around their performance and behavior in a team setting
- Drive team strengthening activities, such as offsites, hackathons, cross-team projects, and knowledge sharing sessions.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 7+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You understand the importance of cross-functional team spirit in contrast to the traditional expert-based organizations.
- You have a solid CS background as well as experience in a software engineering management role.
- You have a proven track record in building high performing teams.
- You have worked with external service providers and have excellent technical partnership management skills.
- You understand fundamental design principles, data modeling and API design.
- You have experience with a relational database, preferably PostgreSQL.
- You were exposed to microservices, containers and relevant runtimes.
- You’re self-motivated, proactive, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have great English communication skills.
- You bring solid debugging and optimization skills.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll play a key role in a “startup” that in turn is part of a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact irrespective of your job description.You'll have the space to drive your career and take ownership of projects.
- You’ll receive 25 days’ paid leave, plus one additional day for each year of employment.
- You’ll receive an individual learning budget and can take up to 10 days’ educational leave to expand your skill set.
- We offer additional health insurance, a subsidized Multi-sport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot-Curie metro station and other great benefits.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.